Invite you to a virtual town hall in commemoration of Domestic Violence Awareness Month:
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE & COVID-19: What the Community Needs to Know
Women, children, members of the LGBTQ community and sometimes men, experience domestic violence by intimate partners who seek to exercise power and control over their very being. How do we as a community become more informed about what domestic violence is, the dynamics of intimate partner violence, navigating the shelter and court systems, vital resources and best practices for supporting survivors of domestic violence especially during the current health crisis.
- Martine J. Baron, LCSW-R, Ministry Leader, Center for Care and Advocacy Ministry, Abyssinian Baptist Church
- Nathaniel M. Fields, President and CEO, Urban Resource Institute (URI)
- Dorchen A. Leidholdt, Esq., Director, Legal Center, Sanctuary for Families
- Quentin Walcott, Co-Executive Director, CONNECT, Inc.
- Rev. Sydney M. Avent, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Rose Pierre-Louis, Chief Operating Officer, NYU McSilver Institute
In Collaboration With
- U.S. Representative Adriano Espaillat
- NYC Comptroller Scott M. Stringer
- NYC Public Advocate Jumaane Williams
- Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- Assemblymember Rodneyse Bichotte
- Assemblymember Inez E. Dickens
- Assemblymember Robert J. Rodriguez
- Assemblymember Al Taylor
- NYC Councilmember Bill Perkins
- NYC Councilmember Farah N. Louis
RSVP required to attend virtually via Zoom.